You are here
Take care of over-exposed skin
It is never too late to take positive steps and adopt some good habits when in the sun, whatever your age and whatever marks it has left on your skin.
Whether you have just started exposing yourself to the sun, or whether you have sunbathed for many years, your skin can become dehydrated. You should nourish and moisturize it to give it back its suppleness and softness. Choose formulas that are enriched in:
- Nourishing fatty elements,
- Anti-oxidants like Vitamin E to combat the surplus of free radicals, responsible for the early appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
If you expose your skin to the sun, it may become dehydrated, so opt for a dry skin repairing product like the after sun RoC® Soleil Protexion Soothing Repair Balm. Our after-sun lotion contains Vitamin E, which has anti-oxidant properties which help to fight the destructive effect of free radicals.. Another notable benefit: this hydrating product helps maintain a healthy looking skin, which is great as well!
Take action to prevent and correct brown spots
Fair skins, exposed to the sun over several years, are of primary concern but they are not the only category. The accumulation of sun can lead to the appearance of spots, even on dark skin. To help prevent them from forming, opt from now on for specific sun care products powered by:
- Fruit acids to exfoliate the skin’s surface and eliminate cells which are full of melanin, the substance responsible for the coloration of the skin,
- Anti-oxidants to combat free radicals,
- Active cosmetic ingredients such as Vitamin C to help decrease the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme at the start of the formation of grains of melanin.
Take action on the inside: our tips
Since UV rays attack skin cells and make the skin drier and because they are involved in the production of free radicals, which accelerate skin ageing, it is essential to hydrate yourself correctly and to consume foods that are rich in anti-oxidants. So drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day to help your skin remain supple and elastic. Also consider green tea and fresh fruit and vegetable juice for their thirst-quenching, hydrating and anti-oxidant powers. Finally, opt for fruits and vegetables that are rich in water to help fight against dryness and free radicals: cucumber, lettuce, tomato and zucchini, as well as watermelon, melon, strawberries and citrus fruits.